Baja wilderness 250 specs same as a timberwolf ?

Im new to atv riding and to this site, we bought this crappy tire bike by baja yes because its cheap and afordable and slow lol mostly for my daughter and wife to learn on. we will be puchasing somthing better a little later, but somone from another site mentioned i beleived he said a timber wolf series
    specs are prettey much the same as the baja wildness series specs and that baja mostly coppied. any one herd any truth to this. well we been riding this one over a yr now touch wood still running good lol
    well anyway thanks in advanced looking forward to any replys

Re: Baja wilderness 250 specs same as a timberwolf ?

All of the Chinese ATVs/Bikes are a knockoff of the Japanese machines. Very few if any parts will be identical but are close. They are off just enough to not infringe on copyrights.
    The quality is not as high. You have done well to get a year with no problems.
    <span style="font-weight: bold"><ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]2005 <span style="color: #D10909">Yamaha Kodiak</span> 450[*]2008 <span style="color: #004040">Toyota Tundra</span> DC Off Road[*]2009 <span style="color: #808000">KZ Spree</span> 261RKS RV[/list]</span>

You are very lucky to get a yr out of it . Yes it looks like a timberwolf (I have a customer with one, good tough little Yamaha bike) but most parts wont fit had 2 in my shop a while back parts are a prick to get,so now I wont allow anymore china crap in because of parts issue.
    08 800EFI sportsman with Tatou 4s tracks+other addon crap
    99 500 sportsman
    91 350 bigbear
    01 800 XCR sold
    Lots of old stuff
    04 bordercollie mix
    69 RT-SE Charger

thnx for the replys,
    well one thing for sure I dont have to worry when my daugher rides it top end is 30 mph for our back yard trails thats good.
    if you push it you can get 40 mph lol but it sounds like a sewing machine winding out, my speedometter works while riding but its not saving the total miles im driving on the bike,any way notticed the robber hoses are very cheaply made I already moddified a air hose to fit and now i nottice the CV Boot is cracked open,ive never worked on bikes before,I guess ill have to disconnect the drive shaft to replace this cv boot would I be correct in saying this please reply. oh and I wouldnt recomend anyone to buy one of these bikes ever but for now im just trying to do some preventive maintenance.

would you guys recommend What would be a good 4x4 atv to buy for riding the dirt trails in the summer and ice fishing in the colder weather for ontario but I dont want to much power the mrs would drive it once in a while too thinking something between a 400 to 500 this time.

I have one of these in my fleet. It was the first one that the kids got given to them by their grandparents. I couldn't say no thanks. Anyways, it has been a very reliable little machine. I replaced all the main bolts with good grade bolts and replaced all the hoses right away. Every part I have bought for it was through my Yamaha dealer and we used the 2003 Beartracker as the model. The only thing we have seen that was different is the carb and obviously the body panels. The carb is adaptable though. I have not had trouble getting a part for it yet. The speedo has never really worked and is not a big deal. As for a nice machine to buy, I would look at the Yamaha 450 or new 550. We have 2 450's and I have a grizzly 700. Sometimes when we go into the real tight trails I will take a 450 and have a blast rippin through them. Any make mid size model will serve you well. Just buy a name brand this time.
    08 Yamaha Kodiak 450

Re: Baja wilderness 250 specs same as a timberwolf

You're in a Yamaha forum asking what to buy between 400 and 500 cc.
    The answer would be a Kodiak 450 [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] (Grizzly in the US).
    I have an '05 450 and don't regret it a bit. Great suspension, lots of power and reliable.
    <span style="font-weight: bold"><ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]2005 <span style="color: #D10909">Yamaha Kodiak</span> 450[*]2008 <span style="color: #004040">Toyota Tundra</span> DC Off Road[*]2009 <span style="color: #808000">KZ Spree</span> 261RKS RV[/list]</span>

yamaha dealer is 5 minute drive I will check them first,thx for the inbut on the parts you used allout.
    Angus I am interested in the kodiak though for a quality made atv thx for your reply and thats why I posted in here with regards to parts issue for the cheap quality of the china made Bajas Parts.

Your sure meanmouthing a bike that you have driven the crap out of and not a thing went wrong with itin that year and it still runs great .By the way i have one drive it hard put it away wet I do all my own maintenace and this bike ows me nothing one of te best light and narrow bikes that i have ridden and i am 66 years young

Talk about resurrecting an old thread, and not that good of one either. This thread is almost 3 years old!!
    06 660 Rhino
    Support the efforts of those keeping your riding areas open
    Join your local club
    Calgary ATV Riders