ATV insurance - Ontario

Hey, I've just bought my husband and I a 1994 Yamaha Kodiak 400 and was looking around for insurance to find very high prices...We're in Ontario and are looking for an insurance company with reasonable price that would be ATV only insurance (not with my car or a sled or anything)

Just wondering if anyone had any places where insurance is reasonably priced and covers a G1 driver as an occasional... as my hubby only has his G1 but needs coverage

Thanks for your help [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: ATV insurance - Ontario

I insure my quad through the house ins.. and it costs $260..far cheaper than with the car atv ins.. should have nothing to do with G1 ..
    1999 scrambler 500 HO.

I should also mention that I don't have house insurance (as I don't own a house)...

It would be ATV only insurance... and they would have to be able to insure a person with a G1

Through State farm I pay 200 a year for liability, fire and theft. Just liability would have been 100 a year. But we have a house and 3 cars with them as well.
    2003 Yamaha Warrior

Check with ING we pay around $200.00 per machine and that is full coverage. The sleds are cheaper to insure.
    Don
    08 Grizz 700FI Camo 26" Maxis Bighorns
    07 Kodi 450 4x4 25" Bighorns
    All with hand & thumb warmers 2.5 Warns
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/1480563...7602547841165/

I too have been pricing around and alot of the companies have restrictions (ie: cc or value $). I have to get a stand-alone policy because of the restrictions my auto insurance company has. The best rate I can find for a 400 cc Outlander is with TD insurance underwritten by Primmum Insurance Company. Phone 1-866-454-8910 for a quote. RBC insurance was second 1-877-749-7224.
    I found these by typing in "atv insurance" in my search engine. Hope this helps.

I am with state farm as well. I think the insurance maybe based on the area in which you live. If there is a high rate of theft in your area you would pay abit more. I maybe wrong but i think thats how it works.
    2006 Honda Foreman 500
    2.5 Warn winch
    Warn plow
    Borrowed cargo bag

crap, am I the only one who is geting screwed here.

My 05 TRX500 is costing me ~450 a year. Are you guys insuring older bikes or do I need to start looking for a better deal?
    ------------------------------------------
    2005 Honda TRX500FM
    Hella Rallye 4000's w/100W Xenons
    Lowrence airmap 100 GPS
    27" ITP 589
    Detroit Gearless Locker
    Warn 2500 Winch

Sopersuds... I am getting the paperwork from TD to see what they quote me... How much do you pay with TD??

I have tried RBC they won't insure a G1 driver, but TD will (I have asked them)

If you can just let me know how much you pay with TD (as I don't even know what their prices will be like because I'm still waiting for the paperwork)

Thanks [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img]

TD quote over the phone for a 2006 Bombardier Outlander 400 H.O. XT was $469 full coverage per year or $361 with liability and comprehensive. That was with 1 million liability and $300 deductible. Rates are based on the same criteria as auto. There are only a couple of other companies (through brokers) that would write a stand-alone policy and their rates for this area were between $800 - $1000 and that is with a clean driving record. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

My Kodiak 450 2005 was $236.00 a year State Farm
    20005 Kodiak 450 Red
    Back Seat
    2000lb Quadrax Winch
    Extrex Legend
    And Loving It

I talked to my local Statefarm agent today and they don't write stand-alone policies for atvs. They do have good atv rates BUT you have to have another policy with them. I could get atv coverage for $274 a year but it would cost over $800 more a year for my truck with Statefarm than I pay now. Unless I have missed a company in my search TD insurance still seems to have the best rates for stand-alone policies.

I am told that ATVs are high risk and MOST insurance guys will ONLY insure them to keep the rest of your business. Most of the stand alone policies will be from government facility insurance.
    Even with all my vehicles, house and business I was quoted almost $1500 for my 3 wheeler (facility). I am not with state farm but I hear that they are 1 of the only that will insure a 3 wheeler.
    I know you didn't ask about 3 wheelers but you did ask about insurance.
    BTW the ATC will never be titled or insured LOL
    11 XP 850 Pumpkin
    06 Hawkeye AWD
    07 Outlaw 525

GLATV member

I have The Personal insurance company although It's a group rate. I have a 2005 500 Polaris HO and a 2005 Honda 350. Each costs $250 per year with full coverage and $300 deductible. I called another company earlier in the week and their prices were a little cheaper (The CG & B Group Inc)